Display Energy Certificates
Since January 2013 Display Energy Certificates (DECs) need to be prominently displayed in buildings over 500m2 that are occupied by public authorities or institutions providing a public service. DECs for buildings between 500m2 - 1000m2 have a 10 year validity. From July 2015, buildings greater than 250m2 will require a DEC.
DECs rate the actual or operational energy performance of a building against established benchmarks and take into consideration the ways in which occupants use the building.
The operational rating on a DEC illustrates how efficiently the building is using energy.
To calculate this rating Green Assessors will require information on the:
- type of building under assessment
- total floor area of the building
- annual energy use of the building (gas and electricity)
- methods used to heat and cool the building
In addition the accompanying Advisory Report provided by Green Assessors will provide relevant guidance to assist in improving the Operational Rating in subsequent years. Contact us today if you require a Display Energy certificate and speak to one of our advisors.
DECs for buildings:
- larger than 1,000m² must be renewed every 12 months
- between 500m² and 1,000m² must be renewed every 10 years